- Jenny Beavan gave zero clucks about Hollywood glamour as she accepted her Oscar for Best Costume Design in an embezzled leather jacket.
- Mark Ruffalo made women (and men) everywhere swoon.
- Lady Gaga used her voice to amplify the experiences of survivors. (And Joe Biden introduced her!)
- Ya boy Leo finally won an Oscar and made a damn good point about climate change.
- Chris Rock addressed the lack of inclusion and diversity of Hollywood.
- Alejandro Iñárritu commented on #OscarsSoWhite while accepting an Oscar for Best Director.
- Oops! #ThatsNotOprah!
- Oh, and I took three naps.
Justice For Flint
- Celebrities, artists, and activists rallied together to demand change for the people of Flint, Michigan.
- Yet, politicians continue to be negligent and harmful.
Black History Month
- The Black Panthers remind us that Black is beautiful!
- #BlackWomenInHollywood Matter! Shine ladies!
- President Obama is photographed with children in a touching display of humility and compassion.
- Black Lives Matter and so do Black Arts.
- Black girls rock! (Shameless plug, I know!)
- Let’s get into formation! Aight?!
There you have it folks! That’s what I’ve been up to! May your #LeapDay be filled with joy, hope, and wonder! I got a date with the ocean.
Denise Nichole Andrews